Tuesday, December 05, 2006

To obey or not to obey?

There is no greater pain I have felt than the pain that comes from disobeying my Father. So why does it happen? I definitely don't desire to disobey, but I'm selfish. I've began to learn just how selfish I am, and it's shamefull. Thankfully, I have grace through love. Why? I don't know...but though disobeying might lead to the worst feeling of pain, obeying leads to some of the most joy I've ever felt. And, who cares about the rewards in Heaven? You get to be with God for eternity, this alone is enough. You can personally have a relationship with God...forever! This love is the reason for living. I no longer live for self gain, but I strive to serve my Father, because He loves me and has had mercy on a sinner and even more so blessed me with so much and has given so much grace.

Grace is so awesome. I disobeyed my Father last night. And it stinkin hurts, but I do not have to beat myself down. The fact that I disobeyed is more than enough pain. The fact that God still loves me and has grace...is mind boggling. I just remember that I am His child. I am no longer bound by this world for eternity; death has no grip. Forgiveness...who is not thankful for forgiveness.

How can this not excite you? If it doesn't...well...

No comments: